The Kellogg MBA - Northwestern University
The Kellogg School of Management, founded in 1908, belongs to
Northwestern University. The program is large, with approximately
1,200 students. The program's key strengths are marketing, general
management and health enterprise management.
Want to get into Kellogg’s MBA Program? Contact us to get started today!
Key Admission Stats – Kellogg MBA:
Average GPA of admits: 3.59
Average GMAT of admits: 715
Average Age of admits: 27
Tips for applying for a Kellogg MBA:
- Kellogg is looking for someone who ideates clear self
reflection, speaks with conviction about goals, who they are,
why they are interested in MBA, their role and fit with school.
Not looking for one-dimensional people.
- Be yourself, be confident, without arrogance.
- Highly advisable for international students to apply in rounds 1 or
- Find a way to convince them that Kellogg is your first
choice. They are afraid of being treated as a "safety school" by
competitive Harvard/Stanford/Wharton applicants. It would help
if they know that if you are accepted, you are coming.
- Look closely at work experience- want to see 'quality' of
work, contribution to workplace, promotions.
- School emphasizes that essays should be insightful,
reflective, authentic and honest - don't write simply what think
adcom wants to hear.
- Think what your experience means for other students, what
you can share and how you can contribute.
- Don't underestimate military experience - viewed as professional. Adcom has great respect for service to country.
What is Kellogg Looking for in a
See what traits make you more likely to get accepted into Kellogg’s MBA Program.
|Trait||Importance (4 is highest, 1 is lowest)|
|Team Player/Relationship Builder||4|
|Source of career plan/prog choice||1|
|Story is unique||2|
Vocaz has developed this information through Vocaz employees who worked with the Kellogg MBA admissions committee, thousands of hours of research, and by helping hundreds of applicants apply to Kellogg. Vocaz knows Kellogg, and we can help your strengths shine through your application. Contact us today.
Kellogg MBA – Areas of Academic
Marketing, (General Management)
The Kellogg MBA Culture - Common Perceptions:
- Highly Social.
- Heavy focus on teamwork and collaboration.
- Well known for its marketing program, but actually has higher percentage of students going into both consulting and finance.
Advantages of the Kellogg MBA:
- Very large alumni network.
- School's Career Management Center offers free lifelong
- Strong academic program and good relations between
professors and students.
- Successful record in recruiting to consulting firms.
What else is special about the Kellogg MBA?
- Has three full-time MBA programs: Two-year, One-year
and MMM - Master of Management and Manufacturing, which grants
two Graduate degrees in two years. For one-year program need to
have taken business courses previously in other academic
- Interview most applicants to assess fit, leadership.
- Students play central roles in many aspects of school, including admissions (as readers and interviewers).
Who is likely to particularly enjoy the Kellogg MBA?
- Someone who would enjoy environment with strong
emphasis on teamwork/collaboration.
- Someone interested in marketing (or consulting).
Vocaz's Clients and the Kellogg MBA:
Students who submitted their applications through Vocaz have had a 115% higher admission rate than Kellogg MBA’s average admissions. Our clients have also received scholarships of up to $22,000 towards the Kellogg MBA program. Contact us to start working on your Kellogg MBA application.
More about Kellogg's MBA program:
The school offers one- and two-year MBA programs, as well as an MMM program in management and production.
The Kellogg school is known for its emphasis on teamwork and cooperation, but also for nurturing leaders. In this context, applicants are advised to demonstrate experience in leading teams to success. The school also looks for candidates with significant career experience. One of the unique characteristics of the application process is that each candidate must pass an interview.
Students at Kellogg play central roles in many areas, including assisting the admissions committee with interviewing applicants. The school has a large alumni network (over 50,000 graduates), who also take part in admissions interviews.
Alumni include the following individuals, with current or past positions in parentheses: Peter Peterson (Co-founder and Chairman, the Blackstone Group), Michael Gross (Founder and Senior Partner, Apollo Management), Edwin Booz and James Allen (founders of Booz Allen Hamilton consultancy) and Arthur Andersen (founder of Arthur Andersen accounting firm).
Contact Vocaz to start preparing your best application for the
Kellogg MBA program.
You can also take our free MBA admission chances test to discover your chances of getting accepted into the Kellogg MBA program, and your other top-choice schools.