The Haas MBA - University of Berkeley, California
The Haas School was founded in 1898, and has strong ties to the
Silicon Valley. Its key strengths are management in a technology
environment, corporate social responsibility and entrepreneurship.
Want to get into Berkeley’s MBA Program? Contact us to get started today!
Key Admission Stats – Berkeley MBA:
Average GPA of admits: 3.61
Average GMAT of admits: 718
Average Age of admits: 28
Tips for applying for a Berkeley MBA:
- Important to demonstrate innovative and creative
leadership. Does not necessarily have to be something
ground-breaking, can be "something as simple as a new process
for doing something or a new way to think about clients or an
untapped market". Preferable to show it in professional context,
if not can be in volunteer or personal context.
- Should show proficiency in quantitative areas.
- Possibly helpful to discuss experiential learning
- Discourage letters of recommendation from co-workers.
What is Berkeley Looking for in a
See what traits make you more likely to get accepted into Berkeley's MBA program.
|Trait||Importance (4 is highest, 1 is lowest)|
|Team Player/Relationship Builder||3|
|Source of career plan/prog choice||1|
|Story is unique||2|
Vocaz has developed this information through Vocaz employees who worked with the Berkeley MBA admissions committee, thousands of hours of research, and by helping hundreds of applicants apply to Berkeley University. Vocaz knows Berkeley, and we can help your strengths shine through your application. Contact us today.
Berkeley MBA – Areas of Academic
Technology, (Corporate social responsibility)
The Berkeley MBA Culture - Common Perceptions:
- Laid-back, collaborative community (though rigorous
- Many student-driven academic and social activities
Advantages of the Berkeley MBA:
- Close proximity to Silicon Valley
- Have a loan repayment assistance program that reimburses
graduates who take positions in either nonprofit or government
- High focus on entrepreneurship opportunities and experience
What else is special about the Berkeley MBA?
- Put strong emphasis on innovation and creativity
- Numerous experiential learning opportunities - real-life
consulting projects with major companies as part of studies
- Has many projects centered around corporate social responsibility
Who is likely to particularly enjoy the Berkeley MBA?
- Someone looking for a more relaxed, collaborative atmosphere
- Someone interested in working with Silicon Valley
Scholarships Sample (Vocaz Clients)
– Berkeley MBA:
$45,000 ; $6,000 ; $10,000
More about Berkeley's MBA program:
The highlights of the school's curriculum include Ethics and Social Responsibility, as well as aspects of creativity and innovation (as demonstrated by the school's slogan "Leading through Innovation"). These are also areas worth emphasizing on your application. Other areas of focus of the Haas program are quantitative abilities and experiential learning.
The program is relatively small with approximately 250 students, which allows for an intimate, comfortable and cooperative atmosphere.
The school has an alumni network of approximately 32,000. Alumni include the following prominent individuals, with current or past positions in parentheses: Barbara Desoer (President of Home Loans, Bank of America), Arun Sarin (CEO of Vodafone) and Paul Otellini (President and CEO of Intel).
Vocaz to start preparing your best application for the Berkeley MBA
You can also take our free MBA admission chances test to discover your chances of getting accepted into the Berkeley MBA program, and your other top-choice schools.